A well designed space is a proof to how interior designing is an elite form of art. Knowing the space, recognizing what it lacks and what will lift its spirit. Giving it a new identity is a marvel in itself. Decorating the home by yourself does sound fun. Although getting it professionally done by the best interior design company in Dubai is important.
When one redecorates on their own mistakes are likely to happen. You know the very common mistakes so you know what to keep in mind while redecorating. Here are 10 common mistakes of interior designing that needs to be avoided:
Common Mistakes Pointed Out by Interior Design Company in Dubai
- Going at it without a plan: planning before getting started on the interiors and redecorating is the most crucial step. Putting all the existing details on paper makes one very aware of what stays, what goes, and what and how it is replaced. Before investing in anything, plan out how it will fit your ideas. Imagine the result beforehand to know if it’s worth the efforts and money.
- Not measuring the space: eyeballing seemed a good idea until you find out that the sofa is way too big for the living. The rug is too small for the bedroom. Measuring the space is crucial before getting furniture and accessories so that the things you get compliment the space.
- Bad lighting: people usually tend to overlook lighting but bad lighting taints how people experience the space. You don’t want your place to be too dull or too bright. You want it to be just perfect which means getting professional advice would be better than experimenting.
- Trends over personality: aesthetics that are “in” or “trends” don’t always mean comfort neither do they connect to your personality. Trends do look good but what looks the best is a space that feels you and gives off your personality to its truest self. A space that you connect to on every level of your personality is what you need. So it is always character over trend!
- Putting the furniture against the wall: putting all the furniture against the wall makes the room feel unbalanced leaving one side empty and other side cluttered and messy. Placing furniture according to the space in the room with a little gap between the wall. The furniture makes the space look a little more airy and organized.
- Taking form over functionality: you might love that lamp for its unique shape when in the store but if it is far from being functional. All that money goes down the drain. Creating a practical design, using practical and functional accessories is necessary to make the space easier to live in.
- Ignoring colors: neutral colors are good and we’re here for it but if one puts it everywhere then it just turns your space boring. Adding different colors to different rooms around the space help give the space element of interest and evoke feeling of freshness and newness.
- Matching it all: from the color of the walls to the curtains, rugs and bed sheets matching the color is wrong on so many levels. Playing with colors and adding color contrasting to each other keeps the place interesting and captivating.
- Putting fabrics towards the last: what fabric you chose for the curtains and sofa now doesn’t compliment your room color? This is a mistake that usually people come across towards the very ending of redecorating. So select your fabrics first and then choose a color for the room. It should compliment both the space and the fabrics as well.
- Artwork: artwork adds flavor to your space but cluttered artwork or badly placed artworks makes one feel uncomfortable. Artwork above or lower than eye level is biggest pet peeve for many and even if it isn’t it doesn’t give a pleasant feel. Select artwork that matches the theme of the home. It should connect to your character, and is on eye-level so it feels comfortable to look at.
Visit the Best Interior Design Company in Dubai
If you think you might make these mistakes or even one of them if you decide to redecorate on your own then it is better to use professional help. Since you’ve decided on getting it done professionally and are looking for interior designing company in Dubai then look no further.
Creative shelf is the most experienced interior designing company in Dubai. With correct understanding of lightning, sizing, color combinations, and the furniture’s placement. Creating an outstanding home space for you to reside in.
Head to https://creativeshelf.ae/, explore their creativity. Notice how they avoid any mistakes related interior design and get the best interior design company in Dubai to design your space ASAP!